A little time out....

I must say that things for me and Jubly-Umph have been pretty crazy since July. I have been working 3 days a week at my parents shop, Weird Stuff, working Sat and Sun at markets and making jewellery or posting orders at all other times.

Our house regularly descends into chaos. Little piles of jewellery appear in various stages of completion all over the place and our living room has been renamed the 'Jewellery Mine'...

Every now and then, like most people, I feel burned out by it all and confused with what I am doing. Everything takes so long to make that sometimes I think I should stop it and just do laser cut jewellery like everyone else. But then what would I do with all my free time? ha ha...
 
When things do get like that I find I need to step back, breathe deeply and do something different. Write, draw, paint things that are not plastic or wood, make paper dolls, go for a walk, throw myself back into karate classes and try to keep the computer  and tv turned off.

Today, whilst not feeling stressed, I just felt I had to do something new. And here it is.





Watercolour paper, ink and acrylic paint. Drawn in pencil first and then ink. It was raining when I decided on the text. I love Melbourne in the rain (except when I am at a market)...