A snood darlink...

I think the thing I love the most about a snood is the name. It is a very satisfying word to say. Even more so if you put on a extravagant faux English accent and prance around for a while.

I bought one from england on ebay. As far as I know it was knitted by an old gypsy woman with arthritis who continues to crochet because she believes it is a dying skill that she foolishly hoped would be taken up by her ungrateful daughters...

I didnt bother to read the item description. This is the story I choose to believe.
Heres a photo. When it arrived when I was having a 50's day so the styles are a bit out of whack.


 And here are a few pics of some vintage snoods courtesy of le google...


If you would like to purchase a snood for your very own check out this ebay seller: caketin666
She didnt have any more listed when i checked a sec ago but you could always email to see if she has more.


Or there is a lovely shop in melbourne called Gasoline Queen in Richmond that sells snoods.