Look at me I'm Sandra V...




Look at me I'm Sandra Dee...

That was the song that I had stuck in my head the hour drive up to Sassafras. Of course I altered it a bit as I couldn't remember anything past the first line.

It is weird to actually have a day off work with my boyfriend and I cant remember the last day off we had together since xmas. So we headed up to the Mt Dandenong Tourist drive after hearing legends of a new rockabilly shop and lolly shop.

Surely it would be more satisfying to cruise up in an old Holden or a flashy thunderbird instead of my Kia Rio, a car described in The Age Drive section as a 'car for people who don't like to drive'...

Sandra V's is a Rockabilly and retro shop. Sandra stocks a wide range of imported brands including Lux Deville, TUK, Lolita Girl, Sourpuss and Bettie Page as well as local brands My little Rockabilly, Jubly-Umph, Route 66 and Friends Of Couture.


I fell in love with a Lux Deville red glitter flake bag and that was it. It was sold.

Next stop was the lolly shop. I have already started the long dark downhill slide into Easter chocolate so it didn't seem like it could get any worse. and I spotted Reeces Pieces in the window. I think we purchased abot 2 kilos of chocolate and lollys. I was so excited I was seal clapping with excitement.

Well the computer keeps trying to restart on me so I better go.

Sandra V's is open all easter weekend
Check out http://www.sandrav.com.au
Sandra V
Shop 2/353 Mount Dandenong Tourist Road, Sassafras, Victoria, 3787, Australia.
Ph: +61 3 9755 2229.